Enter coupon code SAVE at checkout for 25% discount on orders of $50 or more.
Mystery Writing Boot Camp
at the Brumder Mansion in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I work on a college campus and I am on a Public Relations Committee and we recently held a Murder Mystery Dinner as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. "Death Bemoans Her" was a BIG hit. The mystery was wonderful!
Indiana State University
Terre Haute, Indiana
How long will it take to orchestrate the mystery?
This mystery is designed to be an evening's entertainment and the focal point of your event. Give yourself two and a half to three hours to stage it.
How many people can participate in this mystery?
From 10 to 100 people can comfortably participate in the investigation.
Does everyone have a role?
The plot includes 10 suspects AND a chief of police to lead the investigation. With the large kit, you'll get five additional roles.
These individuals are the only ones with assigned roles. Everyone else becomes a sleuth who uses effective investigative techniques to figure out the intricacies of the crime. Since the guilty party doesn't know who did it, everyone can attempt to solve the case.
You'll get everything you need, including:
- Complete instructions on how to conduct the investigation of the murder. Remember: The body of the victim was found early on the morning of your investigation. Your guests will be assembling to remember the deceased and to give their recollections of what happened.
- An account in The Pall Street Journal, a local newspaper, will describe the events through the eyes of suspects, reporters and police.
- Instructions for a Chief Inspector on how to facilitate the investigation. (With only 10 people, one of the suspects can do this.)
- Roles for all suspects that include family backgrounds and recollections of events that led up to the murder.
- A series of written clues that are handed out to prepare the group for the murder mystery.
- Key supporting information that will be revealed at critical times during the investigation.
- "The Denouement" ties the event together. Remember: MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY will point to the guilty party.
The rich and famous show no mercy!