How long will it take to orchestrate the mystery?
This mystery is designed to be an evening's entertainment and the focal point of your event. Give yourself two to two and a half hours to stage it.
How many people can participate in this mystery?
From seven to 70 people can comfortably participate in the investigation.
Does everyone have a role?
The plot includes seven suspects AND a chief inspector to lead the investigation. These individuals are the only ones with assigned roles. Everyone else becomes a sleuth who uses effective investigative techniques to figure out the intricacies of the crime. Since the guilty party doesn't know who did it, everyone can attempt to solve the case.
You'll get everything you need, including:
- Complete instructions on how to conduct the investigation of The Amazing Clappini's death.
- Roles for all suspects that include family backgrounds and recollections of events surrounding the murder.
- An invitation to the mystery party investigating the murder of The Amazing Clappini.
- A Special Edition of The Finger Lake Index, the local newspaper, with the story of Clappini's mysterious death. (Remember: the investigation takes place the day after The Amazing Clappini died.)
- Instructions for the chief inspector, and a letter from the Finger Lake Police Department explaining the investigation.
- A series of written clues that can be exchanged or revealed at critical moments.
- Key supporting information such as a police report and an article written by Clappini that explained the hidden meanings of cards.
- "The Denouement" that is revealed at the end of the investigation and ties the event together. Remember: MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY will point to the guilty.
His death wasn't sleight of hand!
Mystery Writing Boot Camp
at the Brumder Mansion in Milwaukee, Wisconsin