Spend $50 or more on downloadable mystery kits. Enter Coupon Code SUPERSLEUTH at checkout.
Mystery Kits and Scripts with Instructions!
Our friends who own the farm, Marek and Lenka invited three couples. We prepared invitations, newspapers, role plays in Czech and we sent it to them two weeks ahead. We mixed the couples and assigned them roles according to their brief description – we have never seen them before. Lenka prepared the meal and we prepared everything else. We were two detectives (Lawrence and Judy Law) so we dressed according to the role – we bought toy handcuffs, detective badge, we wore hats and were dressed in black. We also bought best czech cabernet sauvignon and remade the labels to Melee ones. The owners of the farm Marek and Lenka liked this event very much.
Jiri Beranko and Zuzana Berankova
Death is a Cabernet, Ol' Chum
How long will it take to orchestrate the mystery?
This mystery is designed to be an evening's entertainment and the focal point of your event. Give yourself two and a half to three hours to stage it.
How many people can participate in this mystery?
From eight to 80 people can comfortably participate in the investigation.
Does everyone have a role?
The plot includes eight suspects AND a chief of police to lead the investigation. These individuals are the only ones with assigned roles. Everyone else becomes a sleuth who uses effective investigative techniques to figure out the intricacies of the crime. Since the guilty party doesn't know who did it, everyone can attempt to solve the case.
You'll get everything you need, including:
- Complete instructions on how to conduct the investigation of Malcolm Melee's death.
- Roles for all suspects that include family backgrounds and recollections of events surrounding the murder.
- An invitation to the mystery party investigating the murder of Malcolm Melee.
- The morning edition of The Nippy Valley Grapevine, the local newspaper, with the story of Melee's death. (Remember: the investigation takes place the day after Malcolm Melee died.)
- Instructions for the chief inspector, and a letter from the Nippy Valley Police Department explaining the investigation.
- A series of written clues that can be exchanged or revealed at critical moments.
- Key supporting information such as a police report and a label from a bottle of Melee Cabernet.
- "The Denouement" that is revealed at the end of the investigation and ties the event together. Remember: MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY will point to the guilty party.
Perfect for wineries and B&Bs!